In case you forgot what Node.js is you can check it in our previous article “What is Node.js?” And before continuing reading about Node frameworks, would be better to read this article one more time, just to refresh your memory about Node.js itself.
Key benefits of Node.js frameworks.
Features such as better performance, functionality, high speed, and scalability make Node.js the number one for developing applications for large companies.
With Node.js, you can use the same language for frontend and backend.
• Functionality with high speed
• Streaming support
• Real-time work
• Have solutions for all database queries
• Easy coding
• Open source code
• Working with proxy servers
• High performance
• Solving sync problems
• Friendly community
Today there are a few different frameworks for Node.js. Let's try to highlight the most interesting and popular ones.
1. Express.js- the most popular Node.js framework. One of the biggest advantages of this framework is high speed. Our software development team uses it a lot and we are sure it is a really good solution to work with Node.js. This web framework is very well supported and used by many companies in production. It’s easy to add Express.js to your project using the npm package manager.
3. Koa.js- is a new framework developed by Express.js team. This framework aims to become a smaller, clearer and more reliable foundation for developing web applications and building APIs. Due to the uniqueness of the script and methods, Koa can work in different browsers. It also works without using callbacks and has a powerful error handling system.
4. Sails.js- a framework that makes a process of development with Node.js easier and faster. Also, it is a most popular MVC-framework. The framework supports the requirements of modern applications, makes it easy to work with APIs and build a scalable, service-oriented architecture.
5. Loopback.js- another widespread Node.js framework with a friendly command line interface and dynamic API explorer. With Loopback you can create various models depending on the requirements. This framework has good compatibility with various REST services and database types.
How to choose the right Node.js framework?
Usually, everything depends on the size and requirements of the project. Unfortunately, there is no universal framework for all types of businesses and projects purposes. But our software development company is always glad to help you with making the decision. All you need is to send us a message.